• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Radiology

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
I'm so confused! Can you please go over the paragraph entitled "Administration of Contrast Material" in the Radiology Guidelines on page 361 of the CPT manual. In particular the second paragraph regarding arthrography.
Also, does the second paragraph correlate with Laureen's chart for administration of contrast? Or is it totally unrelated?
Actual coding examples to help sort it all out would be most helpful!
Thank you to anyone who can shed some light on this for me! :)

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Was hoping someone would be able to help me with my question! Please! Anyone! It would be really great if Laureen could cover a bit of radiology in a webinar, too!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)

Attachments

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
Hi Laureen,
Thank you for creating that table for coding contrast material. I printed it to put in my "Coding Bible" for quick and easy reference!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Glad you felt it was print and "bible" worthy. :cool:

Happy Coding!

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Oh no, I feel terrible! I'm sorry I am just now seeing your reply! Thank you so much! I totally understand the busy bee thing! I've been studying like crazy for my exam! December 22nd is almost here! I'm trying not to hyperventilate! I'll be tuning in for sure for December's webinar!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
No worries! Keep us posted on how you do.

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
that was quick! and weird! because I'm listening to you right now on my webinar replay club! p.s. I totally love your personality! ok, back to listening to the replay webinar!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
wooooo - I'm in your head! Better watch out. lol

Thanks for the compliment and I must say you're beautiful - I think that to myself everytime I see your profile pic but never said anything - but since you opened the compliment door...

I'm going to go touch up my photo to make me look more tan!

Happy studying!

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
lol! Too funny! And thank you! You made my day! I was just extremely happy when this pic was taken. Standing on either side of me in this pic are my two joys in life, my sons! And truth be told--they're both into photography! We had a camera tri-poded and my younger son is a lighting director!! I don't tan, especially after studying Integumentary! He just performs magic with his skills! ;)

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I'm so confused! Can you please go over the paragraph entitled "Administration of Contrast Material" in the Radiology Guidelines on page 361 of the CPT manual. In particular the second paragraph regarding arthrography.
Also, does the second paragraph correlate with Laureen's chart for administration of contrast? Or is it totally unrelated?
Actual coding examples to help sort it all out would be most helpful!
Thank you to anyone who can shed some light on this for me! :)

This question was covered in the December 2012 Q&A Webinar. View the replay at www.cco.us and click on Q and A Webinar Replay link. This is a replay club so you get access to all the past replays as well as future ones.

Sharon Clarke

Blitzer
Hi Theresa - sorry we've all been busy bees. I actually created a great table to help sort the contrast issue out. I'll also try to go over in the December webinar. Let's see if I'm able to paste my table here.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/114417533/Administration-of-Contrast-Slide#page=1
I probably have this written out in my CPC but I would like to download the 'professional' looking one on the link. However, it seems I need a Scrib acct. I have soooo many accts I can't keep track. Is there anywhere else to down load the chart?
Much appreciated!

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
If you would like some information of the administration of contrast, Laureen Jandroep, covered this topic in the July 2015 webinar. She went over the guidelines and showed us her marked up pages on this in her CPT manual. You can join the CCO Club if you would like to have the full transcript, answer sheets, access to the recording, and a chance to earn AAPC CEUs. You will also get access to all the available monthly Q&A webinar resources when you join the CCO Club!